Mr Simon Taylor
Placements & Employer Liaison Adviser
Careers and Employability (Academic Registry)
Working within the Careers & Employability team my role is to help prepare undergraduate technology and engineering students who want to secure a placement year in industry.
Utilising my eight years of experience within the recruitment industry (private sector), I run pre-placement lectures for stage 2 students and support them throughout the full process. These sessions include:
- How/where to find job opportunities
- CV, covering letter and application advice
- Interview skills and techniques
- Presentations from employers actively recruiting, with their own professional advice
- Presentations by previous placement students, offering top tips
I also liaise and network with companies nationwide to maintain/increase job opportunities for Plymouth University students, both at undergraduate and graduate level.
ASET, AGCAS, AGR