Mr Ryan Hooper
Marketing Services (Web) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
My role involves the creation, development and maintenance of digital content on the University's external website, as part of the digital team. The digital team supports the University website, University social media accounts, digital marketing campaigns, digital advertising, Google AdWords campaigns and digital screen content around campus and for events.
We always want you to come away from speaking with us with a solution. Whether you have a query about courses or corporate pages, videos or blogs, social media or analytics, we want to help you to get to where you want to go.
Regular projects include:
- maintaining and creating digital content for our external website courses, schools and faculties and all corporate areas
- creating new copy for the website aligned to the University's new tone of voice
- supporting colleagues with creating, reviewing and managing their digital content
- co-ordinating and uploading digital screen requests, including SIA
- updating the Year in Pictures slideshow for use at events, showcasing highlights and successes
- providing digital guidance and support to colleagues as required, including assisting at external website content management system workshops
- maintaining and contributing to our team blog, http://blogs.plymouth.ac.uk/createdigital.
For digital content creation, contact email@example.com.
For more information on digital strategy, policy, and and how to get involved with website development, visit http://staff.plymouth.ac.uk/website (staff only).
MA Creative Writing, University of Plymouth
BA (Hons) Film Studies, Falmouth College of Arts
I joined Plymouth University in April 2009 providing administrative support for SERIO in Research and Innovation. I have held web and digital posts, across faculties, in External Relations since January 2011. This involved the development and maintenance of web and digital information (external website and intranet) for key corporate areas, co-ordinating the website home page content, uploading SIA digital screen requests and providing guidance and support to colleagues when required. I have relevant skills and experience in editorial and creative writing and digital marketing - plus a thorough knowledge of the new website content management system (CMS).
Prior to joining the University I worked in web and marketing roles for the Plymouth Guild and a new media company, where I gained experience in writing and maintaining digital content, design and marketing across a number of different platforms.