Dr Peter Jones
School of Psychology (Faculty of Health)
Lecturer in Psychology
- BSc (Hons.) Psychology, 2001, Cardiff University
- PhD Psychology, 2005, Cardiff University
My teaching interests are quite varied! I am module leader for the following modules:
- PSYC108PP: Psychobiological and cognitive aspects of health behaviour
- PSYC204: Applied Topics in Health and Cognition
- PSY155: Contemporary Topics in Social and Developmental Psychology
- I also take personal tutorials and supervise final year projects in Psychology.
My research is concerned with basic psychological mechanisms, especially those related to learning. I am particularly interested in causal learning, and how well existing computational models of learning can account for behaviour. I am also interested in everyday phenomena that are governed by these fundamental processes, and I have published work on topics ranging from navigation to the acquisition of food preferences.
Research degrees awarded to supervised students
Completed PhDs as Director of Studies:
- Tara Zaksaite (2017)
- Stuart Spicer (2020)
Key publications are highlightedJournals