Dr Patrick Holden
Associate Professor (Reader)
School of Society and Culture (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- European Union
- Development aid
- International organisations
Email email@example.com to enquire.
Research and teaching in relation to International Political Economy, the European Union in the World, International Development Policy, Global Governance and Regional Integration.
- 2004-2005 Early Stage Researcher, University of Cambridge, Centre for International Studies. (Marie Curie Fellowship).
- 2001-2005 University of Limerick, PHD on EU aid policy and the reform of governance in North Africa. (Awarded Government of Ireland Scholarship 2001).
- 2000-2001 University of Limerick, MA Degree in European Integration (First Class Honours) (Dissertation topic - Pre-accession aid).
- 1992-1995 University College Dublin, BA in History and English (Honours, 2.1).
Europe in the World, International Political Economy and Global Governance.
Research degrees awarded to supervised students
- Veit Bachmann 2009: Regulating geopolitical space: EU interaction with East Africa
- Annette Elliot 2009: Building Positive Peace? A gendered analysis of United Nations Security Council Resolutiin 1325 on Women, Peace and Security
Key publications are highlightedJournals
Other academic activities
- I am on the editorial board of Mediterranean Politics.
- I am the external examiner for the MA in International Politics at Sussex University
- I have served as an evaluator of ESRC and ESF (European Science Foundation) Projects.
- I contributed to the Trinity International Development Initiative’s submission to the Irish Government’s review of its development White Paper (March 2012).
- External Examiner for PhDs at the University of Aston 2011 and University of Ghent 2012.
- Chair of the Plymouth Business School’s Faculty Research Ethical Approval Committee 2010-2011.
- Joint-Manager of the International Relations undergraduate programme at Plymouth University: September 2011-May 2012.