Dr Maozhou Meng
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering
School of Engineering (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, University of Plymouth, UK
- Research Fellow, University of Derby, UK
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, University of Plymouth, UK
- Research associate, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- FEA specialist, CnTech Ltd., China
- MEng in Mechanical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- MATS348 Composites Engineering
- MECH532 Applied Computer Aided Engineering
- MECH539 Computer Aided Engineering
- Composite fatigue
- Nano-filler reinforced polymer
- Surface coating for corrosion resistance alloys (CRAs)
- Renewable energy devices (Marine turbine & wave energy converter)
- FEA modelling (COMSOL/ABAQUS/ANSYS)
For the publications, please refer to Google scholar:
Meng, M. and Le, H., 2017. Tribological properties of nanoclay reinforced polyimide nanocomposite coatings for alloy steels. International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 14(5), pp.1013-1019.
K.M. Collins, M. Meng, H.R. Le, D. Greaves, N.W. Bellamy (2017), Modelling of the buckling of a diaphragm–spine structure for a wave energy converter, Materials & Design, 119:159-170.
M. Meng, H.R. Le, S.M. Grove and M.J. Rizvi (2016). Moisture effects on the bending fatigue of laminated composites. Composite Structures 154: 49-60.
Meng, M., M.J. Rizvi, H.R. Le and S.M. Grove (2016). Multi-scale modelling of moisture diffusion coupled with stress distribution in CFRP composites. Composite Structures 138: 295-304.
M. Meng, M.J. Rizvi, H.R. Le and S.M. Grove (2015). Effects of hygrothermal stress on the failure of CFRP composites. Composite Structures 133: 1024-1035.
M. Meng, H.R. Le, M.J. Rizvi and S.M. Grove (2015). The effects of unequal compressive/tensile moduli of composites. Composite Structures 126: 207-215.
M. Meng, H.R. Le, M.J. Rizvi and S.M. Grove (2015). 3D FEA modelling of laminated composites in bending and their failure mechanisms. Composite Structures 119(0): 693-708.