- Room 341, Cookworthy Building, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
- +44 1752 588029
Dr Katie Angliss
Head of Division - Business Management
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- University reputation
- Measuring reputation
- Event management
- Public relations
Email email@example.com to enquire.
Prior to commencing my academic career, I worked in the Hospitality Industry as an assistant hotel manager and was responsible for the everyday running of the hotel, including bookings and enquiries; completing financial reports; stock taking; customer service and event management.
I also worked within the University’s External Relations team, where my main responsibilities included organising the Vice-Chancellor's Enterprise Awards 2011 and 2012, as well as assisting in the organisation and implementation of the University's 150th anniversary programme. I was involved with all stages of these events from planning through to execution and evaluation. Some of my main duties included project management, designing promotional campaigns, updating and monitoring the webpages, generating sponsorship and budget supervision, developing communication plans for both internal and external stakeholders, enhancing student experience and relationship building.
Fellow (Higher Education Academy)
- Event design and experience
- An introduction to Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Tourism technologies
- Marketing for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Business Consultancy
- Health and safety management
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Academic skills workshops including referencing, essay and report writing, and presentation skills
- Research methods
- the use of technology in events, and
- audience experience throughout the event process.
A practical guide to Event Promotion (2018)