- C420, Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
- +44 1752 586773
Dr Jolanta Kisielewska
Associate Professor of Medical Education
Peninsula Medical School (Faculty of Health)
Roles on external bodies
School Representative to MSCAA
1. For 2018-2021, co-researcher from UoP for European Erasmus + project “ Development of online international adaptive progress testing (OIAPT)” alongside Thomas Gale and Steven Burr.
2. 2016_2018, co-researcher in an inter-faculty project, led by Dr Kamran Ali, on “Impact of Learning Disabilities on the Performance of Students in Healthcare Education”. I led medical programme part of this research. This research has been presented at Association of Dental Research meeting in Vancouver in June 2019.
3. 2017-2018, J.Kisielewska, D.Zahra, E.Gabe-Thomas, “Impact of students’ engagement with online formative medical knowledge tests (AMK) on their academic performance”.
4. 2016-2017, J. Kisielewska, D.Zahra, E.Gabe-Thomas: two interdisciplinary projects related to improving students’ academic performance in electrocardiogram (ECG) interpreting skills: “Factors that determine students’ engagement in ECG interpretation skills formative assessment” and “To what extend does engagement in formative assessment improve ECG summative assessment performance”.
Rice N., Pêgo José.Miguel., Collares C.F., Kisielewska J. & Gale T., The development and implementation of a computer adaptive progress test across European countries, Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence (2022), volume 3, 2022,100083 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.caeai.2022.100083
Ali, K, Venkatasami, N, Zahra, D, Brookes, Z, Kisielewska, J. Evaluation of sepsis teaching for medical and dental students at a British University. Eur J Dent Educ. 2021; 296-301: volume 26,issue 2 https://doi.org/10.1111/eje.12702
Burr S, Martin T, Edwards J, Ferguson C, Gilbert K, Gray C, Hill A, Hosking J, Johnstone K, Kisielewska J, Milsom C, Moyes S, Rigby-Jones A, Robinson I, Toms N, Watson H, Zahra D “Standard setting anchor statements: a double crossover trial of two different methods” MedEdPublish 10, , 32, https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2021.000032.1
Ali, K. , Kisielewska, J. , Subhan, F. and Tredwin, C. (2019), How Does Dyslexia Impact on the Educational Experiences of Healthcare Students? A Qualitative Study. Eur J Dent Educ. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/eje.12479
Ley T, Kisielewska J, Collett T, Burr S (2019) Improving communication for learning with students: expectations, feedback and feedforward, MedEdPublish, 8, , 14, doi:https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2019.000014.1
Kisielewska J and Whitaker M (2014) Developmental Biology of the sea urchin and other marine invertebrate model systems. Regulation of DNA synthesis at the first cell cycle in the sea urchin in vivo. Methods in Molecular Biology, 2014; 1128:223-36.
Kisielewska J ,Blow JJ. (2012) Dynamic interactions of high Cdt1 and geminin levels regulate S-phase in early Xenopus embryos. Development 139, p63-74.
Kisielewska J, Philipova R, Huang J-Y, Whitaker M. (2009). MAP kinase dependent cyclinE/cdk2 activity promotes DNA replication in early sea urchin embryos. Developmental Biology, 334:383-94.JH Bothwell, J Kisielewska, MJ Genner, MR McAinsh and C Brownlee (2008). Ca2+ signals coordinate zygotic polarization and cell cycle progression in the brown algae Fucus serratus. Development 135 :2173-81.
Philipova R*, Kisielewska J*, P. Lu, M. Larman M, Huang J-Y, Whitaker M.(2005). ERK1 activation is required for S-phase onset and cell cycle progression after fertilization in sea urchin embryos. Development, 132, 579-589.
Kisielewska J, Lu P and Whitaker M (2005). GFP-PCNA as an S-phase marker in embryos during the first and subsequent cell cycles. Biology of the Cell, 97, 221-229.Kisielewska J, Zezula-Szpyra A, Bilinska B, Flint APF and Ziecik AJ (1997) Effect of estradiol and progesterone on growth of porcine myometrial smooth muscle cells and phospholipase C and adenylate cyclase signalling systems in vitro. Folia Histochemica et Cytobiologica 35, 143-149.
Kisielewska J, Flint APF and Ziecik AJ (1996)member. Phospholipase C and adenylate cyclase signalling systems in the action of hCG on porcine myometrial smooth muscle cells. Journal of Endocrinology 148, 175-180.
Ziecik AJ, Golba G, Kisielewska J. (1996) Effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on uterine blood flow in intact and ovariectomized gilts. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes 104, 158-163.
Ziecik AJ, Wasowicz G, Derecka K, Kisielewska J. (1996) Extragonadal gonadotropin receptors in pigs –1996 update. Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 47, Suppl.1, 29-39.
Kisielewska J, Ziecik AJ.(1995)The effect of oxytocin on hCG action in phosphoinositide turnover in porcine myometrial smooth muscle cells. Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 46, 329-339.Ziecik AJ, Ostrowska G, Kisielewska J, Zezula-Szpyra A. (1995) Distribution and cycle phase dependency of gonadotropin receptors in musculature and blood vessels of the porcine broad ligament. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes 103, 44-51.
1. K. Ali, J. Kisielewska, F. Subhan, K. Tredwin “Impact of Dyslexia on the Education Experiences of Undergraduate Students in Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences: qualitative studies”, International Association for Dental Research meeting in Vancouver, June 2019.
2. D.Zahra, E.Gabe-Thomas, J.Kisielewska (PI) ”Impact of students’ engagement with online formative medical knowledge tests on their academic performance". Published in Annual European Conference on Assessment in Medical Education; Technology enabled assessment, “Reshaping the future of assessment for life-long learners”, European Board of Medical Assessors (EBMA), 2018, Braga, Portugal.
3. Elizabeth Gabe-Thomas, Daniel Zahra, Jolanta Kisielewska (PI) “To what extent does engagement in formative assessment improve summative ECG assessment performance?” Published in Annual European Conference on Assessment in Medical Education; Transformative Assessment, “Making the strategic use of assessment meaningful for learning”, EBMA, November 2017, Egmond aan Zee, Netherlands.
4. Kisielewska J. and Moyes S. Living Models – their comprehensive input into developing patients/doctor good practice. PedRio Conference, 2013, Plymouth University.