Dr IOANNIS Litsios
Lecturer in Economics
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Business)
- 2009-2012 University of Essex Department of Economics; Lecturer in Economics
- 2012-2017 University of Bradford, School of Management (A.F.E Group); Lecturer in Economics
- 2017-Present, University of Plymouth, Plymouth Business School; Lecturer in Economics
- B.A Accounting Finance & Economics (University of Essex, UK)
- M.A Finance and Investment (University of Exeter, UK)
- PhD Economics (University of Essex, UK)
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
STO312: Business Management
ECN3017 International Economics
ECN3013-A/ECN3013-B International Trade & International Finance
ECN2011 Financial Economics
ECN 1001PP: Introduction to Business and Financial Economics
Teaching Interests: International Finance; Macroeconomics; Financial Markets & Institutions
- Dynamic Macroeconomics
- International Finance
- Raymond Adu: Estimating equilibrium real exchange rate and misalignments in West Africa Monetary Zone (WAMZ).
- Moira Catania: Budget institutions in the Euro Area countries: focusing upon legislative budgeting and implications for fiscal discipline and Malta’s budget institutions reforms following the Great Crisis.
- Dzheren Khadzhieva: The current account and the exchange rate nexus in the Eurozone periphery.
- Litsios I., Real Exchange Rate coordination and its implications for the West African Monetary Zone (WAMZ); (revise and resubmit stage, 3* ABS Journal) with Baimbridge Mark., Adu Raymond.
- Litsios I., ‘Currency union and intraregional trade in ECOWAS: lessons for the future’; (under review, 3* ABS Journal) with Baimbridge M., Adu Raymond.
- Litsios I., DSGE modelling for the UK Economy, (Under Review) Bulletin of Economic Research, with Pilbeam K. and Asteriou D.
- Litsios I. The Role of National Debts in the Determination of the Yen-Dollar Exchange Rate, Economic Inquiry, Econ Inq. doi:10.1111/ecin.12735 (with Pilbeam K).
- Litsios I., The Long Run Determination of the Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from an Intertemporal Modelling Framework using the dollar-pound Exchange Rate, Open Economies Review 2017, vol. 28, issue 5, 1011-1028. with Pilbeam K.
- Litsios I., An Empirical Analysis of the Nexus Between Investment, Fiscal Balances and Current Account Balances in Greece, Portugal and Spain : Economic Modelling 2017; 63; 143-152 with Pilbeam K.
- Litsios I., 2014. The Exchange Rate Determination and Equity Prices: Evidence from the U.K: The Journal of Economic Asymmetries 2014; 10; 115-128.
DISCUSSION PAPER SERIES
- Litsios I., Pilbeam K., The Long Run Determination of the Real Exchange Rate: Evidence from an Intertemporal Modelling Framework using the dollar-pound Exchange Rate, 2016; Discussion Paper No. 15/19, City, University of London, Department of Economics (3* rating).
- Litsios I., Pilbeam K. An Empirical Analysis of the Nexus between Investment, Fiscal Balances and Current Account Balances in Greece, Portugal and Spain 2016 ; Discussion Paper No. 15/18, City, University of London, Department of Economics (2* rating).
- The Segmentation of Europe: Convergence or Divergence between Core and Periphery? (2017). Jointly with Dr. Mark Baimbridge, Dr. Karen Jackson, Dr. Uih Ran Lee, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Litsios I., 2011. Neoclassical and Keynesian Dynamics for a Small Open Economy: Theory and Evidence, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2011.
- The determination of the current account in the Eurozone periphery: Evidence from a portfolio balance approach (with Tjeerd Boonman and Keith Pilbeam).
- The determination of the nominal effective exchange rate: Empirical evidence on the relevance of monetary models (with Prof. Joscha Beckmann and Prof. Keith Pilbeam).
- Trade Balance Adjustments and real Exchange Rate Misalignments: Evidence from the Eurozone South Periphery (with Dimitrios Asteriou and Plibeam Keith).
- The Composition of Energy Production and the Determination of the Price of Fossils and Renewables: A Dynamic Model for the U.K. (Jointly with Dr. M. Tovar)
Other academic activities
- Economic Modelling (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance (InderScience)
- Review of Economic Analysis
Office Hours Semester 1 (2018): Friday 12:00-14:00.