Dr Hai-Van Dang
Lecturer in Cyber Security
School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
Dr Hai Van Dang is a lecturer at School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Engineering. Her research interests are information security, cloud security and data privacy.
- PhD in Information Technology, University of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam, "Privacy-preserving public auditing on outsourced data", 2017
- MSc in Computer Science, University of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam, "Approaching Algebra for Data Privacy-Preserving in Wireless Sensor Network", 2009
- BSc, Honors, in Information Technology, niversity of Science, VNU-HCM, Vietnam, "Researching and developing a network isolation system using embedded device", 2007
- Introduction to cryptography
- Introduction to Statistics and Applications
I will be module leader for the following modules in year 2021/2022:
- COMP1002 Cyber Security & Networks
- CNET349SL Incident Prevention, detection and response.
- Privacy-preserving schemes
- Cloud security
- Access control, authentication and authorisation
- Trusted execution environment
Research experience in participating the following projects:
- COLA - Cloud Orchestration at the Level of Application (1/2017 – 6/2019)
- Cloudifacturing - Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing (10/2017 – 3/2021)
- ASCLEPIOS - Advanced Secure Cloud Encrypted Platform for Internationally Orchestrated Solutions in Healthcare (1/2018 – 11/2021)
 Hai-Van Dang, Amjad Ullah, Alexandros Bakas, and Antonis Michalas. Attribute-based symmetric searchable encryption. In 2nd Workshop on Cloud Security and Privacy (Cloud S&P) in conjunction with the 18th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS’20), accepted in August 2020.
 Eugene Frimpong, Alexandros Bakas, Hai-Van Dang, and Antonis Michalas. Do not tell me what i cannot do!(the constrained device shouted under the cover of the fog): Implementing symmetric searchable encryption on constrained devices (extended version). IACR Crypto. ePrint Arch., 2020:176, 2020.
 Antonis Michalas, Alexandros Bakas, Hai-Van Dang, and Alexandr Zalitko. Access control in searchable encryption with the use of attribute-based encryption and sgx. In Proceedings of the 2019 ACM SIGSAC Conference on Cloud Computing Security Workshop, pages 183–183. ACM, 2019.
 Antonis Michalas, Alexandros Bakas, Hai-Van Dang, and Alexandr Zaltiko. Micro- scope: Enabling access control in searchable encryption with the use of attribute-based encryption and sgx. In Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems, pages 254–270. Springer, 2019.
 G Pierantoni, T Kiss, G Terstyanszky, H Dang, S Delgado Olabarriaga, M Tuler de Olivera, KY Yigzaw, JG Belika, D Krefting, and T Penzel. A secure cloud-based platform to host healthcare applications. In 11th International Workshop on Science Gateways, IWSG 2019, 2019.
 Nicolae Paladi, Antonis Michalas, and Hai-Van Dang. Towards secure cloud orchestration for multi-cloud deployments. In Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on CrossCloud Infrastructures & Platforms, page 4. ACM, 2018.
 Van H Dang and Thuc D Nguyen. Construction of pseudoinverse matrix over finite field and its applications. Wireless Personal Communications, 94(3):455–466, 2017.
 Hai-Van Dang, Thai-Son Tran, Duc-Than Nguyen, Thach V Bui, and Dinh-Thuc Nguyen. Efficient privacy preserving data audit in cloud. In Advanced Computational Methods for Knowledge Engineering, pages 185–196. Springer, 2015.
 Dang Hai Van and Nguyen Dinh Thuc. A privacy preserving message authentication code. In 2015 5th International Conference on IT Convergence and Security (ICITCS), pages 1–4. IEEE, 2015.
 Dang Hai Van and Nguyen Dinh Thuc. Pseudoinverse matrix over finite field and its applications. In Information science and applications, pages 491–498. Springer, 2015.
 Thuc Dinh Nguyen and Van H Dang. Quasi-inverse based cryptography. In Inter- national Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications, pages 629–642. Springer, 2013.
 Van H Dang, Sven Wohlgemuth, Hiroshi Yoshiura, Thuc D Nguyen, and Isao Echizen. Approach to privacy-preserve data in two-tiered wireless sensor network based on linear system and histogram. In International Conference on U-and E-Service, Science and Technology, pages 17–30. Springer, 2010.
 Dang Hai Van, Nguyen Thanh Binh, Tran Minh Triet, Tran Ngoc Bao, and Nguyen Ho. Ssm: Scalable substitution matrix cipher. Special Issue on Theories and Applications of Computer Science, Journal of Science and Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, 46(5a):165–178, 2008.
 Gabriele Pierantoni, Tamas Kiss, Gabor Terstyanszky, James DesLauriers, Gregoire Gesmier, and Hai-Van Dang. Describing and processing topology and quality of service parameters of applications in the cloud. Journal of Grid Computing, pages 1–18, 2020.
 J Deslauriers, T Kiss, R Ariyattu, H Dang, A Ullah, J Bowden, D Krefting, G Pierantoni, and G Terstyanszky. Cloud apps to-go: Cloud portability with tosca and micado. Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience, 2020.
 de Oliveira, M. T., Dang, H. V., Reis, L. H., Marquering, H. A., & Olabarriaga, S. D. (2021). AC-AC: Dynamic revocable access control for acute care teams to access medical records. Smart Health, 100190.
Other academic activities
- Journal of Grid Computing
- RIVF 2021, Information and Network Security track
- ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security