- ., ., The Knowledge Spa
Ms Fiona Ramsay
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
School of Nursing and Midwifery (Faculty of Health)
Lecturer - Mental Health Nursing (Cornwall campus)
Fiona grew up in Cornwall and trained as a learning disabilities nurse in Surrey and a mental health nurse in London. She has practiced in Australia and Canada as a clinical nurse educator, clinical nurse specialist, health services manager, nursing regulator and university lecturer. Her clinical practice has primarily been in rural and remote community health services. Fiona returned home to Cornwall in 2018 joining Plymouth University shortly after.
Her interests include:
- Parity of esteem for mental and physical health
- Health inequalities related to people with learning disabilities and/or mental health
- Cultural competence and cultural safety
- Clinical governance, including risk management, patient safety, and quality improvement
- Policy development to support nursing education
Fiona has a BSc in Nursing from the University of Saskatchewan, an MSc in Health Improvement and Health Promotion from Robert Gordon University, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Law and Ethics from the University of Dundee. She is registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Fellow Royal Society of Public Health