Ms Fiona Ramsay
Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
School of Nursing and Midwifery (Faculty of Health)
Lecturer - Mental Health Nursing (Cornwall campus)
Practice Development Team Academic Lead (Mental Health), Cornwall
Fiona grew up in Cornwall and trained as a learning disabilities nurse in Surrey and a mental health nurse in London. She has practiced in Australia and Canada as a clinical nurse educator, clinical nurse specialist, health services manager, nursing regulator and university lecturer. Her clinical practice has primarily been in rural and remote community health services. Fiona joined the University of Plymouth in 2019.
Her interests include:
- Parity of esteem for mental and physical health
- Health inequalities related to people with learning disabilities and/or mental health
- Cultural competence and cultural safety
- Clinical governance, including risk management, patient safety, and quality improvement
- Policy development to support nursing education
Teaching on undergraduate, postgraduate and nursing associate programs with a special interest in online teaching, health promotion, mental health and learning disability.