Mrs Denise Kellham
Student Engagement Co-ordinator
Formation Zones - Research Impact and Partnerships (Research & Innovation)
Working in the Research and Innovation Directorate, providing administration support in The Cube, Plymouth University's student and graduate entrepreneurship services.
Offering advice, funding and support at every stage of the entrepreneurial journey for students and graduates who are freelancing, in self-employment, business or social enterprise or thinking of starting in any of these areas.
- Bespoke expert run workshops and events designed by experienced entrepreneurs who have ‘been there, done that’ and want to share their knowledge
- Drop in sessions offering quick answers to business start-up questions enabling access to expert support and advice
- Business start-up and support appointments, meet experts from HR, Law or a business adviser to provide the answers to move forward.
- Professional Entrepreneurial Mentoring Programme - experts sharing their practical advice on overcoming the hurdles involved in setting up in business.
- Business challenges and competitions for students and graduates
- Funding and finance support to develop potential business ideas into reality.
From 2009-2021 working for Plymouth University in the Research & Innovation Directorate.
Providing administration support within the Knowledge Transfer & Business Development team, originally on HEFCE funded programmes like the Economic Challenge Investment Fund and the Plymouth Graduate Internship Programme.
Providing day to day support for tenants in the Formation2.0 incubation space and reception services for LINK the University's business facing space located on the 3rd floor of the LINK Building.
Administering the One Stop Ideas Shop, free monthly events designed to provide specialist information and guidance on protecting a business idea or product with specialist guidance from a variety of experts
Assisting with the delivery of the University's Enterprise Solutions Service which provides a single entry point and dedicated resource to manage business enquiries and opportunities for both external customers and internal colleagues
Worked from 2001-2009 in business support at an Enterprise Agency fulfilling project coordination and administration roles across Government and EU funded programmes.
Administered and coordinated the Department of Trade & Industry funded Business Volunteer Mentor programme across Devon, Cornwall and Dorset deploying a diverse team of over 60 business mentors into SME companies. Responsible for working with various referring agencies including Business Link, Enterprise Agencies and high street banks to ensure that the correct match of mentor was made to meet their client’s needs.
Coordinating the Learning Skills Council funded New Entrepreneur Scholarships Programme. Interviewing and selecting scholars for the business start up training programme, coordinating and communicating with delivery organisations, administering a web based database of scholar activity and managing the start up support grant claims for all scholars on the programme.