Reports & invited lectures
Robbins, J.R., & Embling, C.B. (2017) Relative abundance of common dolphins in the English Channel, Celtic Sea & Bay of Biscay. Report to ORCA.
Griffiths, J. & Embling, C.B. (2016) The state of Europe's whales & dolphins: distribution and range of cetaceans in Northeast Atlantic waters 2006-2015. Report to ORCA.
Embling, C.B., Piechaud, N. (2016) Assessment of wider Scottish Shorewatch sites for monitoring cetacean populations around Scotland. Report to WDC.
Embling, C.B., Piechaud, N. (2015) Determining indices for monitoring long-term trends in cetacean distribution and relative abundance from ferry data. Report to ORCA.
Embling, C.B.,Wilson, B., Benjamins, S., Pikesley, S., Thompson, P., Graham, I., Cheney, B., Brookes, K.L., Godley, B.J., & Witt, M.J. (2015) Use of static acoustic monitoring (PAM) for monitoring cetaceans at marine renewable energy installations (MREIs). NERC-MREKE Guidance document for Marine Scotland.
Embling, C.B., Doherty, P.D., Garrett, J., Godley, B.J., & Witt, M.J. (2013) Chapter 2: Noise emissions to water. In: Marine emissions to water: impact on marine life & potential future regulations. (Eds: Fileman, T., & Vance, T.) Report to Rolls Royce.
Truebano, M., Embling, C.B., Witt, M., Godley, B., & Attrill, M. (2013) Chapter 2: The potential impacts of marine renewable energy on marine mammals. In: Marine Renewables, Biodiversity & Fisheries (Ed: Attrill, M.). Friends of the Earth briefing paper.
Conley, D., Magagna, D., Greaves, D., Aires, E., Chambel Leitao, J., Witt, M., Embling, C.B., Godley, B.J., Bicknell, A., Saulnier, J.-B., Simas, T., O'Hagen, A. M., O'Callaghan, J., Holmes, B., Sundberg, J., Torre-Enciso, Y., & Marina, D. (2013) Report on the analysis of the Environmental Assessment Experience for wave energy. SOWFIA Deliverable 3.5 - work package 3 final report.
Magagna, D., Greaves, D., Conley, D., Chambel Leitao, J., Aires, E., Embling. C.B., Godley, B.J., Witt, M.J., Simas, T., Saulnier, J.B., Mouslim, H., O'Callaghan, J., O'Hagan, A.M., Holmes, B., Torre-Enciso, Y., & Sundberg, J. (2012) Development of a Data Management Platform for the integration of European wave energy impact assessment datasets. 4th International Conference on Ocean Energy, Dublin.
Hammond, P.S., Northridge, S.P., Thompson, D., Gordon, J.C.D., Hall, A.J., Duck, C.D., Aarts, G., Cunningham, L., Embling, C.B., & Matthiopoulos, J. (2006) Background information on marine mammals for Strategic Environmental Assessment 7. Report to Geotek.
Other academic activities
* School activity (Yr1) 'Marine mammals and sounds of polar regions', Sir Robert Geffery's School, Landrake, March 2018.
* Technology showcase, Plymouth University (25-26th January 2018) - stand & activities: 'guess the marine sound'; 'CSI marine mamal skull'.
* National Marine Aquarium 'Sea the difference' event (1-16th April 2017) - stand & activities: 'guess the marine sound', 'CSI marine mammal skull', 'design a marine predator';
* School activity morning (Yr 12) 'Magic of marine sound', Devonport High School for Girls, May 2016.
* Pre-school activity morning: 'guess the marine sound'; CSI 'What is that skull?'; Pretend to be an echolocating porpoise game, Sir Robert Geffery Preschool, Landrake July 2015
* School activity (Reception): 'guess the marine sound'; CSI 'What is that skull?', Sir Robert Geffery School, Landrake, July 2015
* School activity day (Yr 6) including activities such as 'guess the marine sound'; 'guess the marine mammal' skull based activity; and 'what are seals eating' seal poo dissection. Bishop Cornish Primary School, Saltash 09/07/2014
* Panellist on the RSPB 'State of Nature' at Big Green Week, Bristol 19/06/2013
Supporting women/girls in science & academia:
* Mentor for the University of Plymouth Women's network.
* Workshop 'strategies for success' at Women in STEM conference, Plymouth University, Feb 2015
Recent cruise blog for kids: http://discoverysoundsea.blogspot.com/
Clare All At Sea blog: http://clareallatsea.blogspot.co.uk/
Previous research project blog: http://cmarhab.blogspot.co.uk/