Dr Christopher Agyapong Siaw
Lecturer in Marketing
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- International Marketing
- Global Marketing Management
- Digital Analytics and Marketing Research
Fellow, Higher Education Academy (HEA), UK
Fellow, Institute of Data and Marketing (IDM), UK
Roles on external bodies
External Examiner For:
- Marketing, Entrepreneurship & Tourism Programmes - Anglia Ruskin University (2019 - to date)
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Marketing Programmes - University of Roehampton (2022 - to date)
External Panel Advisor For:
- Franchise Approval of BA Digital Marketing Management Programme for Perrotis College in Greece - Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Ad hoc Reviewer – Journals
- Industrial Marketing Management
- Journal of Business Research
- European Journal of Marketing
- Technology Forecasting for Social Change
Staff serving as external examiners
Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Tourism Programmes, Anglia Ruskin University (2019 - to date)
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Marketing Programmes, University of Roehampton in Partnership with Schiller International University (2022 - to date)
Innovation and Technology Convergence
Grants & contracts
2021: A REF equivalent of £160,000 grant for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) between Plymouth University and Hanlons Breweries Ltd, Exeter.
2022: Research Grant - £3,000 from 2022 SEI Small Collaborative Awards to Study ‘ethnic disparities in energy efficiency at household level’.
Key publications are highlightedJournals
Siaw, C.A., Lie, D.S. and Govind, R. (2022), "Putting your mouth where your money goes! “Where” and “how” to communicate to maximize the impact of corporate social programs", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print - https://doi.org/10.1108/EJM-08-2021-0636
Siaw, C. A. & Okorie, C. (2022). Value co-creation on technology-enabled platforms for business model responsiveness and position enhancement in global value chains, Strategic Change, 31 (January), pp. 9-18 - https://doi.org/10.1002/jsc.2475
Siaw, C. A. & Sarpong, D. (2021). Dynamic exchange capabilities for value co-creation in ecosystems, Journal of Business Research, 134, pp. 493-506
Nguyen, T., Ngo, L., Norther, G. & Siaw, C. A. (2019). Realising the value of knowledge resources and capabilities: an empirical study, Journal of Knowledge Management, 23(2), pp. 374-395 - https://doi.org/10.1108/JKM-09-2016-0372
Nguyen, Q., Northey, G., N’go, L. & Siaw, C. A. (2017) Knowledge as a determinant of competitive advantage, Australia-New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, 04-06 December, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Siaw, C. A., Payne, A. & Cadeaux, J. (2015). Diffusion within use: Cross-situational specialisation of a new product from the perspective of a dynamically continuous innovation, American Marketing Association Conference, 14-16 August, Chicago, US.
Siaw, C. A., Payne, A. & Cadeaux, J. (2015). Diffusion within use: a new product from the perspective of a dynamically continuous innovation, European Marketing Academy Conference, 26-29 May, Leuven, Belgium.
Siaw, C. A. (2013). Managing the engagement platforms for co-creation opportunities: A model of firm offering – structure of offering fit, Australia-New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, 03-05 December, Auckland, New Zealand.
Siaw, C. A. (2013). Retracing value-in-use from co-creation encounter, Academy of Marketing Science Conference, 16-19 July, Melbourne, Australia.
Siaw, C. A. (2012). Retracing value-in-use through co-creation encounters: What drives consumers’ value co-creation encounters? Australia-New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, 03-05 December, Adelaide, South Australia.
Siaw, C. A. & Stephens, P. (2012). Exploring the evidence of societal marketing in corporate communications: A content analysis of the website communications of retail members of the British Retail Consortium, Academy of Marketing Conference, 02-05 July, Southampton, UK.
Siaw, C. A. (2011). Real value is defined by the customer, not the supplier, Professor Malcolm McDonald Student Essay Competition, Academy of Marketing Conference, 04-07 July, Liverpool, UK.
Reports & invited lectures
A Resource Person on Analysing Corporate Digital Presence (March 2021) –
- A Lecturer to Founders and Representatives of Selected SMEs from The Isles of Scilly – European Regional Development Fund Project (ERDF) – Acceleration through Innovation 2 (ATI2), University of Plymouth
A Resource Person on Current Trends in Marketing (October 2018) –
- Corporate Social Responsibility Lecture for Selected Entrepreneurs from Malaysia attending Sustainability Conference at Plymouth University. Contributing to the Commemoration of a New Academic Partnership between University of Plymouth and Peninsula College, Malaysia.
A Lecture on Analysing Qualitative Data (May 2018) –
- University of Plymouth, Faculty of Business Postgraduate Research Café
Knowledge Base Supervisor (2021 - 2023) –
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) between Plymouth University and Hanlons Breweries Ltd, Exeter
Chair, “Building a digital brand,” Social Enterprise in the Modern Day – Plymouth Business Conference Series (2021).
- Contributing to maintaining University of Plymouth’s status as the first university in the world to be awarded the Social Enterprise Mark.
- Contributing to the maintenance of the city of Plymouth as one of the first ‘Social Enterprise Cities’ and a social enterprise ‘hot spot’ through Plymouth Social Enterprise Network (PSEN). This is one of the most active and leading networks in the UK through which an increasing number of organisations, businesses, customers and citizens are coming into contact with social enterprises as producers, suppliers and partners.