Dr Christie Pritchard
Head of Academic Development
Academic Development (Library and Academic Development)
Christie is the Head of Academic Development at the University of Plymouth, a Senior Fellow of Advance HE and an Associate Professor of Higher Education. Her expertise and interests lie in promoting student success through creating a sense of belonging, designing inclusive assessment, and developing social learning spaces for dialogic engagement.
Before moving to lead the Educational Development team she spent 10 years championing academic support for students at an institutional and national level, focusing on understanding students’ academic experience and the inclusion of student voice.
She is now responsible for Digital Education, Educational Development, Student Learning and the English Language Centre.
- Doctorate in Education (2015 - 2021)
- Senior Fellow of AdvanceHE (2017)
- Certified Leading Practitioner of ALDinHE (2017)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (2014)
- European Centre for PASS, Peer Assisted Learning Supervisor (2013)
- Masters of Research (2010)
- BA (Hons) (2009)
- Association of Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE)
- Senior Fellow of AdvanceHE (formally Higher Education Academy) 2017
- Fellow of AdvanceHE (formally Higher Education Academy) 2014
Roles on external bodies
- Steering Group member of Association of Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE)
- Chair of Research and Development for the Association of Learning Development in Higher Education (ALDinHE)
- Editorial Advisory Board for the Open University Press
Grants & contracts
Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory Fund, 2015. £6550 'Hovering on the Threshold? Tracking intentional and transitional behaviours at the Writing Cafe'.
Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory Fund, 2015. £9785 'Becoming Student: partnerships and voices. Developing a relationships for academic success and transformation model.'
Centre for SustainableFutures (CSF) Curriculum Development Grant awarded. Transformative and active learning with interdisciplinary staff team at Schumacher College, £4,000,June2014.
Key publications are highlightedJournals
Pritchard, C. (2015) 'Mentoring in the Writing Cafe: Identity, belonging and ownership, Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, Special Edition: Peer Learning, 9th November.