Mr Chiwuokem Nwoko
Lecturer in Strategy and Operations
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
I am interested in the use of data, particularly customer/consumer data, by organisations of all kinds; the analysis of “big data” to support decision-making and enhance strategic conversations; and the impact of data sharing and privacy on cybersecurity management and new business models.
My research explores the use of big data-facilitated strategic management models for digital fraud prevention and/or cybersecurity. I am also investigating the importance of big data-facilitated digital fraud prevention education, training, and awareness, and the factors that affect its adoption in businesses (particularly in e-retail businesses). This involves working extensively with multiple stakeholders to examine the current modus operandi and propose road maps for big data-facilitated solutions.
- PhD, Strategy & Applied Management (Focus on Big Data and Cybersecurity Management in Business) - Coventry University, UK.
- MBA, Global Financial Services - Coventry University, UK.
- MSc, International Economics, Finance and Development - University of Surrey, UK.
- BSc (Hons.), Economics, Salem University, Nigeria.
- BSc (Hons.), International Relations and Diplomacy, Salem University, Nigeria.
- Centre for Cyber Security, Communications and Network Research (CSCAN) - Associate
- British Academy of Management (BAM) - Member
- The Higher Education Academy (HEA) - Associate Fellow (AFHEA)
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) - Foundation Chartered Manager (fCMgr)
Research Methods, Strategy, Business Analytics, Digital Business, and Management.
- Strategic management
- Use of strategy tools
- Customer data
- Big data and data management
- Privacy and new business models
- Digital fraud prevention
- Human aspects of cybersecurity