Mr Adam Read
Film Production Officer
Marketing Services (Film Production) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
As Film Production Officer in the Film Production Unit, I work with clients to plan, film, edit and create engaging video content for promotional and educational purposes.
Some of the many projects I have been involved in include:
- Filming graduation ceremonies and interviews
- Animating the new University of Plymouth visual identity
- Creating "Inspiring Student" stories
- Recording interviews to promote events such as the Contemporary Music Festival and Open Days or initiatives such as Open Access Research.
First Class Honours - BA (Hons) Media Arts from the University of Plymouth.
Reports & invited lectures
I have delivered talks and workshops to University staff and students on various topics, including:
- Interview Training (in collaboration with Press Office) - working alongside a journalist to record interviews on camera, to prepare the interviewee for upcoming media appearances
- Camera Training - workshops to share knowledge, skills and tips on best practices for filmmaking
- Edit Training - workshops to teach basic edit techniques and best practices
- Team Talks - presentations to current Media students on my career path after graduation, team overview and employability tips
- Social Media Talk - presentation to final year Media students on how to market yourself and your work during the degree show.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like to book a training session for your staff or students.