The benefits of innovation funding for academics:
- Drive revenue from shared R&D activities to support investment.
- Optimise research impact and knowledge exchange to the benefit of society and the economy.
- Build research power by increasing the percentage of research active staff (as defined by the Research Excellence Framework).
- Develop high-quality partnerships and collaborations (including internationally) that lead to opportunities.
- Increase income for research and innovation activities from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional sources and through our connections and partnerships.
- Secure funding for new items of capital equipment.
- Ensure University of Plymouth research serves the needs of businesses.
- Build knowledge exchange and the commercialisation of successful research.
- Use excellent research to create an outstanding innovation ecosystem that is agile, inclusive and easy to navigate.