Our vision is to raise awareness, educate, and captivate a diverse audience about the vital significance of Earth's extreme environments in humanity's struggle for survival. Through this collaboration, we aim to empower ordinary individuals from all walks of life to take action in addressing the greatest crisis humanity has ever faced – climate change. No previous sailing or expedition experience is necessary as full certificated training is provided.
Explorer and founder of Ocean Warrior
If we are to innovate for the future health of our ocean, we need to fully understand the impacts of our actions on the planet. Working with Ocean Warrior will enable us to generate critical data, while minimising our impact in the regions we are studying and ultimately seeking to protect. It is an exciting collaboration that has the clear potential to benefit all involved.
Richard Thompson OBE FRS
Director of the Marine Institute
Plymouth has a long and rich history in scientific exploration of the polar regions. The MBA was involved in three famous Antarctic expeditions of the period 1901-15 and we continue to study in this region today. Ocean Warrior will create the platform for continuing this work, allowing wider access for all to take part in exploring some of the most critical ecosystems on our planet.
Professor of Marine Microbiology, and Director of Science of the Marine Biological Association
PML is delighted to be a scientific partner with Ocean Warrior and are extremely excited about the prospect of delivering responsible net zero research. To support a sustainable future for the Ocean we need to be in a position to monitor the changes which are happening. Ocean Warrior will be a valuable addition to this pursuit and I’m looking forward to seeing how we can develop the project over the years ahead.
Chief Executive of Plymouth Marine Laboratory
Marine news from the University of Plymouth
- University showcases ideas and expertise at South West Innovation Expo 20 February 2024
- Marine scientists join forces on Ocean Warrior’s Resolute Expeditions 7 February 2024
- Small but mighty – study highlights the abundance and importance of the ocean’s tiniest inhabitants 5 February 2024
- Microparticles from road tyres are “high concern” pollutants, research shows 29 January 2024
- Scientists combine AI and climate data to create a warning tool for coastal flooding 18 January 2024
- Study highlights the critical importance of uniting communities and conservation to effectively implement environmental practices 16 January 2024