With a small cohort of between 50 and 60 students, you’ll be able to form a close working relationship with your academic staff. They are all professional chemists and Members or Fellows of the Royal Society of Chemistry and are always on hand to provide guidance and advice.
To ensure we are constantly improving our teaching methods, you’ll be encouraged to have a say in how the course is run.
We have developed the course to make use of the latest teaching methods, materials and technology. We regularly work with scientists from all over the world, visiting other research centres and hosting international visits from other researchers.
Chemistry at Plymouth is recognised as a leading centre for studying towards a degree in chemistry in the UK. We have received a range of awards for teaching including:
- A National Teaching Fellowship award
- The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Higher Education Teaching Award
- The RSC Cutter Bequest for curriculum development
- The RSC Analytical Trust Fund Award for curriculum development
- The RSC SAC Silver Medal for contributions to teaching and research in analytical chemistry
- Numerous development grants from the Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN), the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)