Your suitability for the PGCE Secondary programme is
judged on a range of factors including academic qualifications, ability to work
with other people and a real interest in learning and teaching.
When selecting applicants for interview the
admissions tutor will consider all parts of the application including a
personal statement and references. The UCAS
website has useful information on how to provide these.
- GCSE grade 4/grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics.
2:2 or above hons degree or equivalent in a maths subject or subjects or
50% of degree if joint hons. Must be from a recognised
university (masters and PhDs also count towards entry requirements.
- There is also a requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy.
For all other UK qualifications please refer
to the UCAS website.
If you have overseas qualifications you can
check how they compare with the UK equivalent through UK NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language then we’ll need evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- You'll be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with
the Independent Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions
Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme.
- You must be deemed fit to teach.
- You must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s).