Your suitability for the PGCE Secondary programme is judged on a range of factors including academic qualifications, ability to work with other people and a real interest in learning and teaching.
When selecting applicants for interview the admissions tutor will consider all parts of the application including a personal statement and references. The UCAS website has useful information on how to provide these.
- GCSE grade 4/grade C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics.
2:2 or above honours degree or equivalent, in an art and design or art
subject or subjects or 50% of degree if joint hons. Must be from a recognised university (masters and PhDs also count towards
- There is also a requirement to pass minimum standards for literacy and numeracy.
For all other UK qualifications please refer to the UCAS website.
If you have overseas qualifications you can check how they compare with the UK equivalent through UK NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language then we’ll need evidence of your proficiency in English as follows:
- You'll be required to complete a satisfactory DBS (formerly CRB) Enhanced Disclosure, register with the Independent Safeguarding Authority and complete a criminal convictions self-declaration form. Find all of the important documentation you'll need when applying for this programme.
- You must be deemed fit to teach.
- You must be able to reflect on some experience in relevant educational setting(s).