What is a Knowledge Transfer Partnership?
It's a partnership between a business seeking expertise to deliver a strategic project, an academic institution with the relevant expertise and facilities and a recently qualified graduate/postgraduate known as the KTP Associate.
The Associate is jointly supervised and supported to deliver this challenging project which facilitates innovation, and helps to embed a new capability within that business.
KTP is also one of the UK’s largest graduate employment programmes. There are approximately 300 KTP job opportunities each year. Taking part can help your career and often leads to a permanent job. Upon successful appointment, the KTP Associate is employed by the University of Plymouth (between 12–36 months) but works in the business day to day focused on delivering the agreed KTP project plan.
What are the benefits to me?
For Associates, the partnership provides a fantastic platform to launch or advance your career. KTP presents the opportunity to manage a challenging project central to the strategic development and long term growth of the business as well as providing personal development opportunities.
KTP can help recent graduates and postgraduates to:
- earn a competitive graduate-level salary
- fast track and enhance your career prospects by leading and delivering a strategic project
- gain continued employment as approximately 64% of Associates are offered employment by their host business on completion of their KTP project
- access top-class training and development in business management, entrepreneurship and leadership skills – with dedicated time and budget available to support
- potentially register for a higher degree.
Am I eligible?
A bachelor degree or postgraduate qualification (normally three to five years since graduation), achieving a 2:1 (Hons) or above in the relevant subject area from any University. Our Associates must be enthusiastic and have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
How does it work?
As a graduate you can register interest and seek current KTP job opportunities by:
- registering a profile and viewing national KTP vacancies
- for the University of Plymouth KTP vacancies visit our jobs and search current opportunities by KTP.