Back to Techniques
Large Area Mapping
- Utilised to acquire an image over a large area while achieving a high resolution.
- Achieved by setting up an automated run whereby the microscope will acquire images within a given area and subsequently stitch the images together to create one image.
- For both of the JEOL microscopes, large area mapping can be acquired through the Aztec software and either a circle or a quadrilateral shape can be acquired.
- For the Crossbeam microscope, either the Aztec or Atlas software can be used. In Atlas a circle or any polygon can be created to acquire a large area map.
- This technique can also be used with both EBSD and EDS, which is especially useful when wanting to analyse large areas with high resolution.