Green travel plan
As part of our commitment to sustainability we’re working across campus and beyond to minimise the impact of car travel. By teaming up with public transport operators and Plymouth City Council, we’ve put together our Green Travel Plan.
Green as a first choice
As well as improving public spaces and encouraging the ethos of putting pedestrians first, and following extensive staff and student surveys, we’re developing a range of incentives to make travelling to campus without a car easier and more cost-effective.
What can visitors do?
As a visitor to Plymouth University, you can make an important difference by:
- Choosing to travel to the University by public transport
- Making the most of campus cycling facilities
- Opting for car sharing or Park and Ride
Visitors’ Green Charter
Can you help us achieve our environmental goals? Our Visitors’ Green Charter sets out how everyone can play their part.
When visiting our campus, we ask that you help by:
- Reducing energy waste by switching off lights and IT equipment and closing windows if the heating is on
- Travelling by public transport whenever possible
- Shopping locally to help support communities close by
- Using the recycle bins provided
- Looking after our campus and local environment – not littering, minimising noise and using footpaths and cycleways responsibly.
If you have a question or an idea you’d like to share, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.