What are webinars?
Webinar is short for Web-based seminar. A webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the web, instead of in person. As a result each member of the webinar, from the presenter to the attendees, can be at a different location providing they have an internet connection. This means you can present from your desk, your home or just about anywhere while your attendees can watch on their computers, tablets or even smartphones.
A webinar will typically transmit:
- Audio - from a microphone the presenter is using
- The presenters screen – showing a presentation, website or file
- Webcam – showing a video of the presenter
Unlinke podcasts, webinars still facilitate interaction between you are your audience. Depending on the product you use you’ll have a number of tools available to you such as:
- Taking questions (text based or verbal)
- Running polls and seeing responses
- Creating interactive whiteboards
- Changing presenter