Academic Support, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) has set up the 'Just one thing' initiative to offer an alternative and flexible way of supporting staff, and to encourage best practice with learning technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
Our 'Just one thing' sessions are shorter and more focused than our traditional training workshops. These sessions are designed to provide information on specific elements of a Technology Enhanced Learning tool or practice, offering an efficient way for staff to learn how to utilise learning technology effectively.
Our sessions are centred around five key themes:
- blended and distance learning
- ePortfolios, reflection and research
- Moodle features.
One of the unique aspects of these sessions is the option to tailor them specifically to your own needs. We are keen to work with programme, module or subject groups to develop a bespoke session to support teaching and learning within your teams and would be happy to combine and adapt any of the listed sessions below. The team can also deliver these sessions at away days, lunches or other team based events to enhance and promote pedagogic engagement and activity.
To express an interest in a 'Just one thing' session please contact email@example.com and state which session you're interested in undertaking. As these sessions are bespoke, we would require advance notice to allow us time to tailor and resource your sessions.
Our 'Just one thing' menu
Blended and distance learning
- Setting up a webinar
- Create interactive learning materials with Xerte Online Toolkits
- Effective use of video in teaching
- Creating question banks for quizzes in Moodle
- Integrating interaction into your PowerPoint presentations using TurningPoint (clickers)
ePortfolios, reflection and research
- Creating Workbooks in PebblePad
- Anonymous marking
- Setting up assignments in Moodle
- Advanced grading methods (Rubrics, marking guides) in Moodle
- Using the Feedback activity in Moodle
- Embedding media in Moodle