This year Peninsula Arts have brought together a talented team of curators, artists and academic advisors to present a line-up of exhibitions, films, talks, performances and music events that all respond to the theme of ‘Searching’.
The continual search for knowledge and understanding of the world around us is what underpins and fuels university life and so ‘Searching’ seemed a prescient way to launch into the new academic year. Whether the search is for home, for identity or new experiences, this season’s programme is sure to delight and stretch your imagination in many ways.
Image: Douglas Gordon Self Portrait of You + Me (David Bowie), 2007. Burnt photographic print, smoke and mirror. © Studio lost but found / DACS 2016
- James Wilton Dance: Leviathan 21 September 2016 19:30 - 24 September 2016 00:00
- Music of Motions and Presence 25 September 2016 00:00 - 00:00
- British Culture and The Cold War 1947-65 4 October 2016 19:00 - 21:00
- Douglas Gordon’s Blind Stars 5 October 2016 13:00 - 13:40
- Under The Skin (2014) 10 October 2016 19:00 - 21:00
News from Peninsula Arts
- Plymouth Young Contemporary Open winners revealed in new exhibition 7 July 2016
- Sea swimming exhibition makes Plymouth first port of call 8 June 2016
- Festival of words and music celebrates 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death 12 April 2016
- Exhibition showcases the meeting of art and mathematics 5 April 2016
- Judging panel and prizes announced for Plymouth Young Contemporary Open 29 March 2016
Contact Peninsula Arts
Peninsula Arts, Roland Levinsky Building, Plymouth University PL4 8AA
Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 13:00-17:00. Sat (during exhibitions only), 11:00- 16:00. The Box Office is closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.