This year Peninsula Arts have brought together a talented team of curators, artists and academic advisors to present a line-up of exhibitions, films, talks, performances and music events that all respond to the theme of ‘Searching’.
The continual search for knowledge and understanding of the world around us is what underpins and fuels university life and so ‘Searching’ seemed a prescient way to launch into the new academic year. Whether the search is for home, for identity or new experiences, this season’s programme is sure to delight and stretch your imagination in many ways.
Image: Douglas Gordon Self Portrait of You + Me (David Bowie), 2007. Burnt photographic print, smoke and mirror. © Studio lost but found / DACS 2016
- British Culture and The Cold War 1947-65 4 October 2016 19:00 - 21:00
- Douglas Gordon’s Blind Stars 5 October 2016 13:00 - 13:40
- Under The Skin (2014) 10 October 2016 19:00 - 21:00
- Douglas Gordon’s 24 Hour Psycho Via Walter Benjamin 11 October 2016 19:00 - 20:00
- Searching for Genius: A Curator’s Introduction 12 October 2016 13:00 - 13:40
News from Peninsula Arts
- Visual arts programme awarded £635,000 by Arts Council England 23 September 2016
- Peninsula Arts Gallery shows work by Turner Prize winning artist Douglas Gordon 8 September 2016
- Heritage Lottery Fund gives green light to Plymouth History Centre funding 12 August 2016
- Plymouth Young Contemporary Open winners revealed in new exhibition 7 July 2016
- Sea swimming exhibition makes Plymouth first port of call 8 June 2016
Contact Peninsula Arts
Peninsula Arts, Roland Levinsky Building, Plymouth University PL4 8AA
Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 13:00-17:00. Sat (during exhibitions only), 11:00- 16:00. The Box Office is closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.