The Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and
Dentistry (PUPSMD) Research Support Office works closely with the University’s Research
& Innovation (R&I) and other professional services teams to provide researchers from PUPSMD and the Institute of Translational and Stratified Medicine (ITSMED) a range of research support and
- First point of contact for all research and innovation enquiries
- Research funding
Postgraduate research (PGR) enquiries and support
Ethics and research governance
Research Support Team
PUPSMD Research Coordinator
- First point of contact for all research funding applications.
- Internal approvals/ queries about external funding applications.
- Outcomes of funding applications and starting the post award process.
- Signposting for any
PSMD research related queries.
PUPSMD Research & Innovation Business Partner
- Connection to appropriate specialist advice, expertise and support in Research & Innovation team.
- External engagement and business development.
- Research translation, innovation and commercialisation enquiries.
- Research marketing.
- Research funding opportunities.
Senior Administrator (Research Excellence)
- Assist PUPSMD academic colleagues with Research Excellence Framework (REF) preparations.
- Support PUPSMD internal approvals processes for external research funding applications.
- Provision of guidance and training on research management tools and associated policy and procedures.
- Provision of research management data to PUPSMD Research Committee and ITSMED Board.