Why study with us?
- Experience a rich variety of placements in primary and secondary care through our close relationship with NHS partners.
- Benefit from our hands-on approach with early clinical contact and an emphasis on exceptional clinical and communication skills developed through simulation and patient contact.
- Study in the South West where our healthcare is exceptional in quality. Derriford Hospital, the home of Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, and Torbay Hospital, home of the South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, are our principal hospital partners. Find out more about our NHS partners.
- Seize opportunities to pursue biomedical science research grounded in the real world of clinical health care. We train our biomedical scientists to understand the research needs of the NHS and to pursue lab-based solutions to those needs. Find out more about research at PUPSMD.
- Learn in inspiring surroundings. From state-of-the-art dental education facilities that provide a substantial clinical service to more than 10,000 NHS patients a year, to some of the best resourced laboratories in the UK.
- Be mentored and taught by research scientists who are at the top of their field and exploring exciting new avenues to improve human health around the world.
- Receive individual personal support and the chance to select topics and areas of special interest to study.