This 20 credit degree-level module will prepare you to provide a contribution to the education and facilitation of students/learners and to develop education within your practice setting by giving you an advanced knowledge and critical awareness of mentorship in healthcare practice.
You will learn more about:
- the theories of teaching and learning
- team work and the communication and
development of working relationships
- developing coping and mastery skills and creating positive attitudes to teaching and learning
- enabling learning in
practice and student/mentor/clinical supervisor support systems
- evidence based
practice and audit
- autonomous educational practice and reflective practice
- assessment and appraisal systems
- education and healthcare policy and
This module can be studied as a standalone module or as an optional module towards some of our BSc (Hons) Professional Development pathways - please contact the Professional Development Unit for further information.
This module is delivered by South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with University of Plymouth.
If you would like information on other mentorship modules run by University of Plymouth please visit our mentorship webpage.