you, me and my voice (YMMV) is a semi-autobiographical, accessible, funny, interactive, emotional (and a little dark), real-life piece of theatre, exploring speech, talking, listening, communicating, sharing, bonding... and what happens when these fundamental aspects of life become the biggest barrier to living.
This tour combines a TED talk, live devising, storytelling interwoven with live music, projections, audience interaction and more. Experience a lecture like no other! No need for notepad, pen or even a lecture when improv music, colour and true friendship help us learn how to listen to those who find it hard to be hard. This original piece speaks louder than words, continuing to break barriers for those who struggle with words... well isn’t that most of us?
- Writer & Performance: Hugh Malyon
- Music Lead & Performance: Steve Sowden
- Creative Enabler & Performance: Jennifer Noice
- Company Technician & Performance: Sophie Amos
Supported by: Theatre Royal Plymouth; Doorstep Arts; Animate
The performance is 60 minutes with no interval – tbc
Evaluation session 15 minutes (approx)
Two showings on Saturday 23 November.
- 14:30 matinee - free session for Faculty of Arts and Humanities students and staff
- 18:30 evening performance - ticketed public event
Please contact Animate Theatre to reserve tickets (email: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 01752
Hugh Malyon (email: email@example.com) for further information.