This course is open to University staff members who are Office 365 site administrators
About the course
As an Office 365 site administrator, part of your role is to manage permissions in your site.
This practical course give you an opportunity to learn more about site permissions and how they work so you can confidently set them up in your own site.
Prerequisites for this course
Before you attend, we ask that you meet some prerequisites. If you are unsure, please contact us before booking a place.
Before attending this course
you must have
- Previously attended the Office 365 Setting up your Plymouth University Site course
- Have read our introductory guide for Managing Permissions in Plymouth University Sites
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will ...
- Be aware of the default settings of a site's permission groups and the levels of access each one has
- Understand the implications and risks of using incorrect security settings
- Be able to identify permission levels required for your site content and groups/individuals
- Know how to apply appropriate changes to your site to protect sensitive information
- Know how to make your site contents available only to the necessary people and be able to check to confirm this