The University's Legal Services Department is hosting a free breakfast event for all staff to provide an introduction to the legal team and the University's preferred external solicitors, Bond Dickinson, and also to provide some guidance on key contract issues.
The University enters into contracts for a wide range of goods and services, research activities, projects and other transactions. To assist this process we will provide some high level guidance on:
- Key aspects of a contract
- Common contract terminology
- Problem areas including liability, intellectual property and governing law
- Obtaining advice from the University's Legal Services Department
- The services and expertise on offer from Bond Dickinson.
The aim of the event is to provide all staff with further guidance and insight into when contracts are needed and what to do if a contract is required, or presented by a third party. Experts from Bond Dickinson will be participating in the event.
Please email email@example.com to confirm attendance before the end of Wednesday 22 April to assist with catering numbers.
All staff are invited to attend and breakfast will be available.