The annual UPSU Volunteering Celebration Evening and Awards celebrates the University of Plymouth students who tirelessly give up so much of their time to give back to the local community and charities.
- Purchase tickets via the UPSU events page.
- Visit the UPSU Volunteer Awards webpage for further information.
- Outstanding Contribution to Volunteering: awarded to an individual whose volunteering has had a huge impact on the cause they have supported
- Dedication to Volunteering: awarded to a student who embodies everything an UPSU volunteer should be
- Leadership Award: awarded to an individual who has shown great leadership skills within UPSU or the wider community
- UPSU Half Colours: awarded to individuals for dedication and/or involvement within volunteering
- UPSU Full Colours: for those holding Half Colours if they
have shown continued outstanding dedication or made an exceptional contribution to volunteering during their time at the University
- Friend of UPSU Award: awarded to an organisation or person who has gone above and beyond in their support and engagement of student volunteers
Student-led Volunteering Project Awards
- Champion Volunteer: awarded for each of the Student Led Volunteering projects: The Green Team, Unicycle, Special Olympics and Animal Conservation
- SOPD (Special Olympics Plymouth & District) Special Award: presented to an individual who has shown true commitment to the SLV Special Olympics project
- UPSU Student Led Volunteering - Volunteer of the Year: awarded to an individual who has shown true commitment and great enthusiasm for two or more Student Led Volunteering projects
- UPSU Student Led Volunteering - Project Leader of the Year: goes to a leader of a UPSU Student Led Volunteering Project who has fully championed their cause, shown great leadership, and been a sound ambassador for student volunteering, both within internal and external communities
Community Volunteering Awards
- Award for Commitment: awarded to a student volunteer in the community who has demonstrated ongoing and regular commitment
- Award for Personal Development: goes to a student volunteer in the community who has developed as an individual throughout their time volunteering
- Community Volunteer of the Year Award: awarded to a student volunteer in the community who has made an outstanding contribution through their community volunteering by going over and above what’s expected of them
RAG Volunteer Awards
- RAG Charity Challenge Volunteer of the Year Award: for each of the following charity challenges - Meningitis Research Foundation, Action Against Hunger, Breast Cancer Now, Hope for Children, East African Playground, and Mind
- RAG Newcomer Award: this award recognises new talent and commitment to RAG volunteering (to be decided by the RAG Presidents)
- RAG Volunteer of the Year Award: awarded to the RAG volunteer who has committed the most to RAG in their specific role and to the committee as a whole