The annual UPSU Volunteer Awards is a celebration of all the Plymouth University students who tirelessly give up so much of their time to give back to the local community and charities.
Those who would like to join the celebration and attend the awards ceremony can contact the Volunteer Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to request details for purchasing a ticket.
The evening will include drinks on arrival, presentation of awards and a three course meal.
- Time: 18:30 for a 19:00 start
- Dress: Smart
Visit the UPSU Volunteer Awards webpage for further information.
- Outstanding Contribution to Volunteering: awarded to an individual whose volunteering has had a huge impact on the cause they have supported
- Dedication to Volunteering: awarded to a student who embodies everything an UPSU volunteer should be
- Leadership Award: awarded to an individual who has shown great leadership skills within UPSU or the wider community
- UPSU Half Colours: awarded to individuals for dedication and/or involvement within volunteering, those going over and above what is required and who have made a huge contribution to the cause they support
- UPSU Full Colours: for those holding Half Colours if they
have shown continued outstanding dedication or made an exceptional contribution to volunteering
- Friend of UPSU Award: awarded to an organisation or person who has gone above and beyond in their support and engagement of student volunteers
Student-led Volunteering Project Awards
- Champion Volunteer: awarded for each of the Student Led Volunteering projects: The Green Team, Unicycle, Special Olympics and Animal Conservation
- UPSU Student Led Volunteering - Volunteer of the Year: awarded to an individual who has shown true commitment and great enthusiasm for two or more Student Led projects
- UPSU Student Led Volunteering - Project Leader of the Year: goes to a leader of a UPSU Student Led Volunteering Project who has fully championed their cause, shown great leadership, and been a sound ambassador for student volunteering, both within internal and external communities
Community Volunteering Awards
- Award for Commitment: awarded to a student volunteer in the community who has demonstrated ongoing and regular commitment
- Award for Personal Development: goes to a student volunteer in the community who has demonstrated ongoing and regular commitment and dedication over a period of time and personal development or advancement during their time with their chosen organisation
- Community Volunteer of the Year Award: awarded to a student volunteer in the community who has made an outstanding contribution through their community volunteering by going over and above what’s expected of them
RAG Volunteer Awards
- RAG Charity Challenge Volunteer of the Year Award: for each of the following charity challenges - Meningitis Research Foundation, Breast Cancer Now, The Children's Society, East African Playground, Action Against Hunger and Make A Wish
- RAG Newcomer Award: this award recognises new talent and commitment to RAG volunteering (to be decided by the RAG Presidents)
- RAG Volunteer of the Year Award: awarded to the RAG volunteer who has committed the most to RAG in their specific role and to the committee as a whole
Relays Volunteer Awards
- Relays@UPSU Individual of the Year Award: awarded to an individual who has shown outstanding dedication to the Relays@UPSU programme by demonstrating great enthusiasm, teamwork, and ongoing commitment to the project this academic year
- Relays@UPSU Team of the Year Award: awarded to a group who collectively have shown great enthusiasm, teamwork, and ongoing commitment to the events and projects they have been involved with this academic year
- Relays@UPSU Project Volunteer of the Year: for each of the main Relays@UPSU projects: Change for Life, School Games and Urbanise, a Volunteer of the Year will be awarded