Research and Innovation are delighted to announce the next UK Research Office (UKRO) briefing for University staff and researchers.
Małgorzata Czerwiec, our European Advisor from the UK Research Office in Brussels, will provide an update on Brexit, Horizon Europe and the potential for future UK participation in EU funding. Successful Plymouth grant holders will share their experiences and there will be an opportunity for networking over lunch.
|10:30-11:00||Registration and networking, tea and coffee|
|11:00-11:05||Welcome (Jerry Roberts)|
|11:05-11:25||Plymouth case study - NanoHarmony: Towards harmonised test methods for nanomaterials (Richard Handy)|
|11:25-11:45||Plymouth case study - LimnoPlast: Microplastics in Europe‘s freshwater ecosystems: From sources to solutions (Sabine Pahl)|
|11:55-13:00||Update on developments: Brexit, Horizon Europe and the potential for UK participation in EU funding (Małgorzata Czerwiec)|
|13:00-13:20||Plymouth case study - CobBauge: The optimisations of cob through prototyping buildings, extending collaborations and mobilising economic demand (Steve Goodhew and Karen Hood-Cree)|
|13:20-14:00||Lunch and networking|
|14:00-15:00||Bookable 15-minute sessions to discuss project ideas or specific issues with Małgorzata Czerwiec and/or Research Funding Managers|
Booking is essential via the above link.
- Małgorzata Czerwiec, European Advisor, UK Research Office (Brussels)
- Professor Steve Goodhew, Associate Head of School (Research and Graduate Affairs), School of Art, Design and Architecture (Faculty of Arts and Humanities)
- Professor Richard Handy, Professor of Environmental Toxicology, School of Biological and Marine Sciences (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Karen Hood-Cree, Project Manager, School of Art, Design and Architecture (Faculty of Arts and Humanities)
- Professor Sabine Pahl, Professor of Applied Social Psychology, School of Psychology (Faculty of Health: Medicine, Dentistry and Human Sciences)
- Professor Jerry Roberts, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Enterprise
- Ewa Thompson, Research Funding Manager (Research and Innovation)