Join the Tectonic Studies Group and Iain Stewart, Professor of Geoscience Communication (University of Plymouth) and UNESCO Chair of Geoscience and Society, as he discusses the importance of structural geology to meet many of our 21st century challenges - Net Zero, Energy Transition, Natural Hazards and more.
Iain’s talk is followed by a panel discussion with structural geologists whose expertise spans: geothermal energy, carbon capture and storage, mining, nuclear waste disposal, hydrocarbons and earthquake hazards.
- Tom Blenkinsop, Cardiff University
- Zoe Shipton, Strathclyde University
- Jonathan Turner, Radioactive Waste Management
- David McNamara, University of Liverpool
- Zoe Mildon, University of Plymouth
Register for this online event via Eventbrite*.