In the lead up to the G7, an online event aimed at Cornish small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is set to highlight how Cornish eHealth businesses and new technologies can tackle some of the most pertinent health challenges today.
The inaugural eHealth Innovation Summit 2021, aimed at Cornish small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), is a collaborative knowledge exchange webinar and showcase of Cornish eHealth businesses and new technologies in support of health and the health-related fields, including healthcare services, health surveillance, health literature, and health education, knowledge and research.
Key points of discussion include how innovation within the sector could form part of the global recovery from coronavirus, how digital health solutions can strengthen resilience against future pandemics and why a collective approach to creating and using new technologies is needed when solving global problems within the health sectors.
Brought to you by Acceleration Through Innovation 2 (ATI2) and and eHealth Productivity and Innovation in Cornwall (EPIC), two University of Plymouth led projects which are funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the online event will feature some of the vibrant and globally relevant digital health and health tech solutions that are emerging from within Cornwall’s thriving tech and creative sectors.
- 9:30 – An Introduction to the eHealth Innovation Summit by Jo Hancock, ATI2 Programme Manager, University of Plymouth
- 9:40 – EPIC driving eHealth Innovation in Cornwall by Dr Arunangsu Chatterjee, Associate Professor of Digital Health and Education, University of Plymouth
- 10:00 – AI Innovations in Bio and Healthcare by Professor Sa’ad Sam Medhat, Founder and Chief Executive of the UK Institute of Innovation and Knowledge Exchange
- 10:30 – Panel discussion (chaired by Jo Hancock, ATI2 Programme Manager, University of Plymouth), includes: Dr Paul Upton, Founder and CEO of Ultramed, Liz Ashall-Payne, Co-Founder and CEO of ORCHA, and Gisella Garcia-Alvarez, Managing Director of Cluster Saúde de Galicia.
- 11:15 – Summary and closing notices
- 11:30 – Ends
Visit the event website for full details and/or register your place via the above links.