Techstars Startup Weekend has come to Plymouth!
The first ever Plymouth Techstars Startup Weekend is taking place at the end of April. A Startup Weekend is a 54-hour weekend event, during which like-minded developers, business professionals, entrepreneurs, marketing enthusiasts and more pitch ideas for new startups, form teams and work together to develop a prototype/presentation by Sunday evening.
What happens at a Startup Weekend:
- Day 1: Meet, pitch and team up
- Day 2: Learn from mentors and get to work
- Day 3: Present to the judges
Do you have an entrepreneurial idea you would like to pursue or a problem you would like to solve?
This event will give you the chance to team up, create a prototype, validate a business idea and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs and other professionals, all in one weekend!
Plymouth Startup Weekend has the theme 'Health and Wellbeing' – an issue which affects us all. We want to develop new ideas and ways of addressing the Health and Wellbeing challenges of the 21st century! Interested? Join in!
The idea you pitch might have a health and wellbeing focus such as:
- Can technology help local people as they age?
- How can we tackle the risk to health posed by air pollution?
- What can help tackle loneliness?
- How do we manage data from the wearable digital tools increasingly used to manage health?
This event is sponsored by the University of Plymouth with support by EPIC, the Real Ideas Organisation and Plymouth Science Park.
Further information is available via the above link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.