The University of Plymouth’s Centre for Health Technology will be hosting the launch event for the South West Interdisciplinary Technology Consortium for Health and care (SWITCH) Ecosystem on Monday 8 July 2019.
Building on the University’s digital health and technology research, innovation and implementation work over the past ten years with a range of stakeholders, the SWITCH ecosystem will be an interdisciplinary cross-sector consortium, including NHS partners, industry partners, health and social care organisations and patient groups, set-up to enable greater connection and collaboration across the South West region and beyond.
Part of the European Connected Health Alliance (ECH Alliance), and linked to the wider Digital Health Ecosystem Network across the globe, the SWITCH ecosystem will seek to incubate, accelerate, embed and export innovative technology solutions in health and care, coalescing around internationally-recognised technologies and data standards.
The launch event will bring together organisations to create an ecosystem that seeks collaborative opportunities, shares best practice, explores shared challenges around health, care and wellness with the view to foster economic growth in the region.
- Keynote - Ben Showers, Head of Digital Transformation, NHSX
- Keynote - Professor Andrew Morris, Director of Health Data Research UK
- David Shannon, Director of Strategic Development & Improvement and Andrew Forrest Chief Information Officer, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Andy Bleaden, Director of Ecosystem Development, European Connected Health Alliance
- Amanda Stratford, CEO of Healthwatch Cornwall