- A foster carer or adult working in a children’s home?
- A support worker, personal adviser or other professional supporting care leavers?
- Looking for more information about how to support care leavers as they apply for university?
Or are you a care leaver over 18 who would like to apply for university but don’t know where to start?
The Plymouth University Care Leavers Service invites you to join them for this information event.
During the course of the day, you will undertake a campus tour (10:00 - 10:30) and attend information sessions between 11:00 - 14:00 where you will:
- be given tips for choosing a course and university
- receive an outline of the support available for care leavers at the University and other institutions
- get an introduction to student loans
- learn about completing a UCAS application and personal statement
- have the opportunity to talk to the Care Leavers team and student ambassadors over a networking lunch.
Contact the team to reserve a place. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 01752 587961.