We hope that you have a wonderful and restful holiday. We know that as well as being a lot of fun, Christmas can sometimes feel challenging and stressful.
Some of you may be far from your family, some of you may be thinking of people you have lost and for others, Christmas can be a lonely time. We want you to know that you are not alone in feeling alone, stressed or sad and that there is support for you.
- If you are feeling stressed, why not call our confidential, independent, 24/7 Anytime Advice and Mental Health Helpline on 0800 042 0134? They offer in-the-moment emotional and counselling support and would be very glad to talk to you about anything. This service is available 365 days of the year.
Are you in Plymouth over Christmas?
- The University Library is open 24/7 over Christmas – with refreshments available at lunchtime on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The semester restarts on 8 January and normal opening hours will resume.
- The Multi-Faith Chaplaincy is open to those of all faiths, including those with none. It is open 12:00 - 14:00 to Friday 22 December and from Tuesday 2 January to Friday 5 January. The Chaplains can be contacted out of hours throughout the Christmas period through University Security and are happy to talk to you.
- Security is available if there are any emergencies on the Drake Circus campus. They are located in the Portland Square Building and can be contacted on 01752 588400.
- Students staying in Residence Life managed accommodation will receive details about holiday arrangements separately.
A few wellbeing tips to get the most from the holidays:
- Talk to people, make contact with others. Remember that the library is open over the holidays and is a welcoming space.
- Exercise or a brisk walk can do wonders for helping you to feel more positive and can clear your mind if you are feeling stressed.
- Watch what you eat, it’s tempting to indulge but make sure that you are eating some healthy food (fruit and vegetables) as well.
Student Wellbeing Services close on 22 December and reopen on Tuesday 2 January Do get in touch with us if you’d like to book an appointment in the new year.We wish you all a restful holiday and every good wish for 2018.