The weekly 90 minute sessions are open to any student who wants to improve their study skills within a multi-sensory, relaxed, supportive and flexible environment.
The session programme has been designed to support you through the academic semester. Student feedback shows the classes are enjoyable and effective.
All sessions are held on Wednesdays from 15:00-16:30.
7 February, Room 018, Babbage Building: Improve your time management and organisation skills
- Learn practical strategies which enable you to be more organised and efficient with your time management. Learn how to look after your wellbeing while studying effectively at HE level.
14 February, Room 018, Babbage Building: How the use of technology can make learning more effective
- Get to know the supportive software available on the campus computers; learn strategies of how to integrate highly effective, freely available technology into your learning tasks.
21 February, Room 001, 8 Kirkby Place: Improve your reading skills
- Learn how to make your reading more effective. This session includes holistic strategies for approaching reading tasks, finding priority information and annotating effectively.
28 February, Room 409, Babbage Building: Improve your writing skills - part 1: planning and creating useful notes
- Learn more effective ways of interpreting assignment tasks, making effective assignment plans and creating useful notes.
7 March, Room 213, Rolle Building: Improve your writing skills - part 2: structuring assignments, and analysing and writing critically
- Learn how to develop highly effective ways to structure your assignments for strong analytical and critical content.
14 March, Room 214, Rolle Building: Improve your writing skills - part 3: proofreading, grammar, referencing and plagiarism
- Develop your skills in writing clear and meaningful sentences and paragraphs; learn how to reference accurately and effectively.
21 March, Room 409, Babbage Building: Improve your presentation skills - how to create slides and deliver effective presentations
- Develop practical ways to create and communicate your presentations.
28 March, Room 409, Babbage Building: Improve your revision skills and exam skills
- Learn structured, holistic and multi-sensory approaches to tackling revision and preparing for different types of exams. Learn how to optimise the exam time, decode exam questions, practice timed answers and make the most of examination strategies.
- Ideally, we would like
you to book the classes you want to attend. However, you are also welcome to
join us on the day.
Email email@example.com or book in person in the Learning Gateway, Ground Floor, Roland Levinsky Building.