Calling all students!
We have an international reputation for being a leader in the field of sustainability. But we want you to be involved. Watch out for sustainability events around the campus and city.
Learn to meditate (13 April - 4 May, campus)
- University students are invited to join this four week course to develop a more peaceful, still and happy mind. No previous experience is necessary and you will be contributing to psychology research. Further courses may be held later - contact the organiser for further information.
From Here to Where? Enabling Career Journeys (26 April, Rolle Marquee)
- Plymouth University Women's Network event deconstructing the challenges we face in our career journeys, and they ways in which organisational cultures can support the development of our careers in the public and private sectors at varying points in our working lives. Free event.
Watersports Festival (13 May, Mount Batten)
- Have a go at various watersports on Plymouth Sound! The UPSU Watersports Clubs and MGA have joined forces to give you the opportunity to try a range of amazing watersport activities, in partnership with the Mount Batten Watersports Centre.
Meditation evening: Imagining Inner Peace (16 May, Peninsula Arts Gallery)
- Explore your personal potential with this talk and guided meditation from Kadam Ben Seel, Resident Teacher at Ashoka Buddhist Centre in Plymouth.
Futures Entrepreneurship Centre International Week 2017 (22-26 May, campus)
- The Futures Entrepreneurship Centre in the Plymouth Business School holds its inaugural International Week to advance research in responsible entrepreneurship, enable new collaborations and support small businesses in the South West. Aimed at academics, researchers, both established and early career, postgraduate students and anybody with an interest in the theories and practices of entrepreneurship, themes will include Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, Internationalisation and Sustainability.
Soil erosion challenges in East Africa: an interdisciplinary approach (25 May, Stonehouse Lecture Theatre, Portland Square Building)
Public lecture and photojournalism exhibition. Free event.
Who's working well with autism (31 May, Rolle Building)
- Come and join a day of workshops and interaction sharing your views and experience to help us understand, challenge and change the landscape of services on offer for people with autism in Plymouth.
Innovation in Pedagogy Café: Sustainability and internationalisation - intercultural communication (7 June, 3 Endsleigh Place)
- This interactive workshop draws from the expertise of Ricky Lowes from the Plymouth Business School to practically explore how we can support students to develop intercultural communication.