Alzheimer's Research UK South West Research network, together with biomedical dementia researchers from Plymouth University and the University of Exeter are inviting members of the public for this day long event where we will outline current research in dementia in the South West.
The event will cover the research studies in the following areas: to learn how dementia develops and to design new ways to diagnose and treat dementia.
Please register your place via the above link and to view travel/parking details for the venue.
- 10:30-11:00 - Arrival, registration, free refreshments/tea/coffee
- 11:00-11:10 - Introductory notes
- 11:10 - 11:30 - Talk on how to improve the diagnostic of dementia
- 11:30 - 12:00 - Talk on how to improve treatment and how to get involved into clinical trials
- 12:00 - 14:00 - Free lunch with opportunities to network and meet researchers
- 14:00-14:30 - Talk on how to understand the mechanism of dementia development (I)
- 14:30-15:00 - Talk on how to understand the mechanism of dementia development (II)
- 15:00 - Q&A session with an opportunity to ask questions about research
- 16:00 - Event ends