The 2019 conference of the South West Museums Federation, hosted by Cornerstone Heritage at the University of Plymouth, has the theme 'Inspiring Audiences: Home and Away'.
This network event will bring together over 50 curators and heritage professionals from museums and historic sites across the South West. Through presentations, discussions and workshops, the conference will focus on the different ways we can respond to the challenge of working with local communities while also engaging tourist audiences, which is of particular relevance to the South West.
The conference is ideal for anyone:
- working with or in museums, heritage sites, art galleries, heritage services (including volunteers) at any level
- looking for ideas and inspiration for meaningfully engaging with local communities, tourism audiences, or both
- facing challenges in creating experiences and programmes of activity that can appeal to audiences with very different connections to a place
- looking to build on their existing knowledge of audience engagement, or completely new to the topic
- interested in developing their own learning and CPD
- keen to network with people across the heritage sector in the South West and beyond.
Day one of the conference includes the South West Fed's AGM. Please visit the conference website for full programme information and ticket details.
University of Plymouth staff and students are welcome to attend, free of charge - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place and for any queries.