Truro and Penwith College, in conjunction with the University of Exeter, Plymouth University and the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) hosts this conference to look at the capacity of social enterprise to address the urgent welfare needs in Cornwall.
The morning session includes:
- Dan Rogerson, MP for North Cornwall and Minister for Defra, speaking for the Liberal Democrats
- Sarah Newton, MP for Falmouth and Truro, speaking for the Conservatives
- Candy Atherton, County Councillor for Falmouth Smithwick, speaking for Labour
- Dick Cole, leader of Mebyon Kernow speaking for his party
- Matthew Taylors, RSA Chief Executive presents on the topic of RSA's involvement in the field of social enterprise and the role Cornish organisations can play in facilitating the formulation and implementation of the new social enterprise initiatives.
The afternoon session includes eight seminar sessions with academics from the college and the two universities presenting papers on topics relating to the development and/or implementation of the social enterprise model.
Contact Dr Alan Sanderson for further information or to confirm attendance at this event.