What is the Science and Technology Showcase?
This year will be Plymouth University’s 8th Science and Technology Showcase and we’re hoping that this will be the biggest and most successful event yet.
As in previous years, we will be taking over our on-campus marquee and filling it with interactive exhibits from across our Faculty of Science and Engineering. Students are able to move freely between stands, spending time at the exhibits that are of interest to them. Exhibits range from Segways to computer game technology, oculus rift to marine wildlife, chemistry experiments to health care sciences, there will be something for everyone with plenty of opportunity for students to get hands on.
The aim of these days is to raise students’ aspirations in science and technology subjects and demonstrate how exciting STEM can be at A level and in higher education. As well as having some fun, this is a unique opportunity for students to talk with current undergraduate students, PhD students and academics about what it’s like to study and work in STEM.
Behind the scene campus tour
- This year we will be offering a behind the scene campus tour, for secondary schools and colleges, in additional to the marquee activities.
- The 45 minute tour will provide students with a sight in to our science-specific labs as well as the opportunity to see some of the science-based equipment Plymouth University has to offer.
Years 5 and 6
- Wednesday 24 January, 09:00-11:15
- Wednesday 24 January, 10:00-12:30
- Wednesday 24 January, 11:45-14:45
- Thursday 25 January, 08:45-12:00
- Thursday 25 January, 09:30-12:45
- Thursday 25 January, 11:30-15:00
A contribution towards transport is available. Please contact the Outreach Team via email (email@example.com) at the time of booking to request this.
When you book, you will receive a confirmation email within two weeks to confirm that your booking has been made. Spaces are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis with a maximum of 50 spaces available per school.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01752 587984