Through the generous support of our valued supporters and partners, such as Santander Universities, Plymouth University students, and in some cases staff, can apply for a range of scholarships each year. These scholarships are designed to enhance their university experience and academic research, and help them achieve their career or sporting ambitions.
Many individuals studying or researching a variety of academic disciplines have benefited from these awards, undertaking a wide range of exciting extra-curricular projects and activities which so often support personal and professional as well as wider community development. Our Sporting Excellence Scholars balance their academic studies with competing in sport at an elite national or international level.
The selection panels have now chosen those who will benefit from scholarships over the next 12 months and these will be presented to those individuals at this celebratory scholarship presentation event.
Gather from 11:30 to begin at 12:00.
- Welcome and introduction - Mel Joyner, Director of Student Services, Plymouth University
- Formal address - Professor Simon Payne, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Plymouth University
- Previous scholars presentations - hear about their amazing experiences, enabled by these scholarships
Presentation of certificates - Mel Joyner with our supporters:
- Roland Levinsky Memorial Awards (Beth Levinsky)
- Santander Universities scholarships (Mark Homans, Senior University Relationship Director - SW and Central)
- Sporting Excellence Scholarships (Tracy Wilson, Partnerships and External Engagement Manager, Plymouth University)
- Other scholarships will be presented on the day (Amanda Pleven, Development Manager, Plymouth University).
13:00 - Close followed by networking and refreshments. The event concludes at 14:30.