This year’s national event from the Tourism Society sees presentations from the 'London' Prospects event, streamed to our audience in Plymouth, followed by questions, answers and debate with our panel of Westcountry tourism protagonists.
The London speakers include:
- David Edwards FTS, Head of Research and Forecasting for VisitBritain return to forecast visitor trends
- Nicola Shaw, CEO of HS1 covering infrastructure
- Carl Castledine, Managing Director of Away Resorts will explore trends in the domestic holiday parks market
- Matt Costin, Director of Hotels Team, BDRC Continental will look at the opportunities and challenges that the hospitality sector faces over the next 12 months.
The Plymouth audience will be able to watch and listen to the above, and then enjoy regional reaction, thought and analysis from our own Westcountry panel including:
- Malcolm Bell FTS MTMI, Visit Cornwall
- Alistair Handyside MTS MTMI, South West Tourism Alliance
- Luke Pollard, Labour parliamentary candidate and travel writer
- Dr Andreas Walmsley MTS, Plymouth University.
The event will be facilitated by Robin Barker FTS, Chair of Tourism Society Westcountry and include networking opportunities and light refreshments.
Contact Robin Barker for more information.